- 6 pitted and halfed Medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao
- Optional: if you like more texture and less bitterness add some gluten free oatmeal- or almond flour (not used for this recipe)
- In this recipe I used medjool dates. Of course you can add anything in these chocolate cubes. From super foods to nuts and even flour (such as almond flour). I used soaked dates. I soaked them the night before in cold water in the fridge. Take the dates out of the water and give them a light rinse. It’s very sticky so make your hands wet when putting pieces of dates on the bottom of the ice cub holder (without the pit)
- Now on to the chocolate.
- Pour some water in a saucepan and let it cook until some damp is rising. In another saucepan you should add 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and 6 tablespoons of cacao. It should become a smooth paste. At any time you can add more cacao if you desire an extra dark bite. With this saucepan you should hover over the damp that you created with the other saucepan (au bain-marie). Start stirring until it’s all melted. In case you would like to add some flour or oatmeal you can do so now. Place the chocolate paste in the ice cub holder over the dates. In each cube I added half a date. Store in the fridge for at least 3 hours. When you are sure the cubes are frozen push them out like you would do with (water) ice cubes.
- Serving Size: 12